Paraben Allergy

Parabens are a chemical preservative used in a multitude of different products, but most commonly associated with hair and skin products and medications.

They are very effective as antifungal and antibacterial agents to give products a longer shelf life, but unfortunately can act as an irritant in some people and can cause contact allergic reactions. Parabens are more commonly shown to irritate the skin after it has already been inflamed by another allergen. This is called the ‘Paraben Paradox’.

They have low toxicity compared to other preservatives and rarely cause allergic reactions from being ingested (in the form of medications).

Read the rest at ALLERGY RESOURCES.

The majority of my posts are no longer on WordPress – follow me on  Facebook , Instagram or Twitter if you don’t want to miss my monthly round-ups or allergy card updates!

Jemma


Published by Jemma D

I love to write about food allergies, asthma and eczema.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: